JOIN OUR E-MAIL LIST OR CHECK THIS PAGE LATER FOR UPDATES.
If you like being with people, can hold your own with a paint brush and don't mind mess, get involved in our groups! We support young people by bringing them together with other young people with similar support needs. We've got groups for young people learning difficulties, groups working on anxiety or other issues and groups for young people helping them build resilience and self-esteem. All use creativity and interaction to help young people support each other and get the support they need.
You can meet new people and other volunteers, learn new skills and have fun whilst supporting young people.
What you will need
We are interested in applications from all potential volunteers. You don’t need to have loads of experience.
- The ability to be non-judgmental and with a friendly, caring attitude towards others
- An understanding of the issues affecting families
- A good understanding of the issues that families, children and young people face
- Act as a positive role model
- Be able to offer your support each week for one year
- Be over 18 years of age
In return for your time and dedication, we will provide:
- Full training (including preparation for the situations you'll be dealing with, learning how to work within our safeguarding procedures and how to keep a record of your volunteering)
- Regular support and supervision
- Professional development
- Enhanced DBS
- Valuable experience
- Being part of a team
- The chance to make a difference
- A chance to learn new skills
Ready to commit? see our do-it.org page or contact us for details.
Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award