Skip to main content

Whether you want to take control of your mental health, or just need someone to listen right now, the above organisations can provide support.

If you need to speak to someone right now, about an urgent issue, then please call Samaritans or contact one of the below organisations that should be able to help you.

Talk to us 01924 492183

Whether you're calling to change an appointment, ask a question or bring us up to date, we're looking forward to your call. We're here 8am to 8pm Mon to Fri and 9am till 1pm Sat.

Outside usual service hours, you can speak to someone about an urgent mental health concern on 01924 316830. Alternatively you can email us

Request support-

0300 304 5555

Support Request Form

We can support you in a number of different ways, from workshops to help you understand more about what you're going through as well as meeting parents in similar situations with our Chill and Chat sessions. We're also here if you want to talk.

If you're aged 0-18 with a Kirklees doctor, call 0300 304 5555 and tell us how you're feeling and what's going on. You can also request support by completing this online form.

When you contact us on the above number or on the online form, you'll go through to Thriving Kirklees who will assess your needs. If appropriate,they will then pass you to us.

We'll ask about how your child's feeling, how it impacts their sleep, hunger and we'll ask about self harm. If we can support you right there and then, we will do. If not, we'll provide telephone support whilst you're waiting for help. Sometimes we can't help, but we can tell you places which will. You can find out more here.

We will need to know:

  • Your young person's name, address, date of birth, ethnicity, telephone number and any disability
  • Who they live with and where
  • A description of how they're feeling and how it impacts them and your family life
  • Whether or not parents/carers/family members are aware and if we are able to discuss this with them
  • Which doctor you're registered with and whether we can share information with them
  • Which school the young person goes to and whether we can share information with them
  • Details of any other organisations that are involved in your young person's life i.e. Social Care, Family Support etc.

Chathealth text support- 07520 618866

Chathealth is part of the Thriving Kirklees partnership and are a text support service for young people and parents/carers. It's available between 8am and 8pm Monday to Friday- responses may not be immediate.

Chathealth links you with a local healthcare professional to answer questions via text message. You can ask anything about your health.

External support

We understand that sometimes you need to speak to people urgently and that our processes take time. If you need support immediately, the following organisations can help.

Family Lives- 0808 800 2222

Family Lives help families achieve the best relationships possible with children and support professional parents. They provide professional, non judgemental support and advice which is easy to access.

The Calm Zone- 0800 585858

The Campaign Against Living Miserably (CALM) is a leading movement against suicide, but can support you with issues such as anger, anxiety, bereavement, bullying, depression, eating disorders, mental health, self harm and much more. Calm have a free and confidential helpline and webchat available 5pm-midnight, 7 days a week.

Young Minds Parent Helpline: 0808 802 5544

If you have questions about your child's behviour, wellbeing or mental health Young Minds can help.

Samaritans- 116 123

Samaritans works to make sure there's always someone there for anyone who needs someone to talk to. You can call, email, text or visit a branch for support. Samaritans are open 247, 365 days a year.

Our Partners

Get me out of here