What's in it for you?
- Opportunity to be part of a caring, supportive organisation
- A chance to learn new skills and knowledge
- Valuable experience
- Being part of a team
- The chance to make a difference
- Increased confidence in your own ability
- Chance to develop your own ‘Volunteer Profile’ linked to Third Sector Leaders, Kirklees (linked to profile, ask Liz)
We are very proud to have achieved the Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award, demonstrating commitment to our volunteers and ensuring we meet all the criteria of this quality assurance scheme. We pay out of pocket expenses, and ensure all our volunteers are trained, supported and supervised to ensure we continue to meet our high standards of service. Our volunteering follows best practice recruitment guidelines, making sure we place our volunteers in the best positions to suit their skills and experience, carrying out relevant reference and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks.
Our latest assessment took place at the end of 2021, the assessment team made no recommendations for improvement. We are one of the first organisations to renew the Volunteering Quality Award.