Get hands on
JOIN OUR E-MAIL LIST OR CHECK THIS PAGE LATER FOR UPDATES.
If you’re interested in DIY or have a flare for gardening, why not bring your passion and enthusiasm to the Northorpe Hall grounds?
Some of the tasks our site volunteers get involved in are:
- Site cleaning
- Site clearing
We'd need you every Wednesday from 10am-3pm depending on workload. You don’t need any experience but you do need to be practical, hands on and not scared to get dirty in any weather.
If you’d like to look at wider volunteering opportunities with our Kirklees partners, check out opportunities at Thriving Kirklees.
What you will need
- Be able to make a regular, long term commitment
- Be physically able to undertake DIY tasks such as paint a wall, using stepladders, carry materials
- Communication skills- communicate clearly with other volunteers and the Site Works Manager
What you will gain
- The opportunity to make a difference to the environment
- Build skills and confidence with DIY
- Using existing DIY skills
- Be part of a small team of DIY enthusiasts using their skills
We will provide all equipment.
Ready to commit? see our do-it.org page or contact us for details.
Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award
We are very proud to have achieved the Kirklees Volunteering Quality Award, demonstrating commitment to our volunteers and ensuring we meet all the criteria of this quality assurance scheme. We pay out of pocket expenses, and ensure all our volunteers are trained, supported and supervised to ensure we continue to meet our high standards of service. Our volunteering follows best practice recruitment guidelines, making sure we place our volunteers in the best positions to suit their skills and experience, carrying out relevant reference and DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) checks.
In fact, in our last assessment for the quality awards the team stated they were particularly impressed with Northorpe Hall's safeguarding processes and the level of training and support provided to volunteers.