The perfect venue for your wedding
The Northorpe Barn is the perfect venue for your wedding celebration. The barn is a historic, beautiful and natural space, to which you can add your own personal touch. Delicious homemade, locally sourced food provided to your requirements and budget.
All profits from our weddings and events goes directly to our Charity which provides essential services supporting the health and wellbeing of Kirklees children, young people and families.
We are licensed to hold Wedding and Civil Partnership ceremonies on Fridays and Saturdays. The Northorpe Barn is the perfect location to get married due to its peaceful surroundings and idyllic setting. We can accommodate up to 110 people in the barn for a ceremony and a sit down meal. We can accommodate up to 130 guests for evening receptions. Fill out our online enquiry form. Alternatively, see our brochures
Our wedding package includes:
- Access to the barn to add your personal touches and decorations
- Option to book day before for a ‘prep & party session (where date available)
- From 65 to 130 guests
- Music / dancing / bar until 11.00pm – Our in house DJ to be hired separately.
- Or, in house sound system to play your own music (e.g. from iPod, CD, laptop, etc.)
- Microphone for speeches
- Access to a range of menus by our excellent in house catering team (separate charges apply) Including full 3 course meals, hog roasts, afternoon teas, evening buffets, sharing platters – external catering is not allowed.
- Our very own Northorpe Bar, with a fabulous variety of quality drinks and beverages including wine and fizz drinks packages for toasts and tables (separate charges apply)
- Use of our beautiful, extensive grounds for photographs
- Rustic, covered area with outside seating including far reaching views over the gardens
- Parking for up to 50 cars
A 2025 wedding brochure is available on request. Please note, our food and drinks menus are subject to annual price reviews and possible increases.
How to book your wedding at Northorpe Barn
- Firstly check that your preferred date is available with us (don’t worry if you haven’t yet got a date in mind, we can help you with this)
- Complete an online enquiry form and we will be in touch to arrange a viewing with our experienced Wedding Co-ordinator.
- Following your visit and meeting; we will reserve the agreed date for you for a short period of time to allow you to consider your options and arrange a Registrar if you are wanting to hold your ceremony with us.
- At the end of this period you will then be asked to complete a booking form, the appropriate paperwork will be completed, and an invoice will be created to allow you to pay the initial deposit.
- Please note we are only licensed for weddings on a Friday & Saturday
Amazing day great venue
Had our wedding here on 23/7/2022 was an amazing day great venue Caroline and Sam couldn’t do enough for us the food was delicious and the whole day went absolutely perfectly
We never had any doubts that our Reception would be anything but fun and happy
We thank you most sincerely for your fabulous organisation, communication and professionalism! We never had any doubts that our Reception would be anything but fun and happy. Many people commented on the cheery and helpful staff- please pass on our compliments to them all.
You went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect!
Thank you SO much for an amazing day!! We all had a great party, the venue was beautiful and all the staff were so helpful. You and Sam definitely went above and beyond to ensure everything was perfect! It was all so organised. Kids parties can get quite stressful but I actually got to enjoy it without worrying about anything. I look forward to planning an event with you again soon.
Our day couldn’t have gone any better
This review won’t completely communicate just how happy we were with the first-rate service provided by the team at Northorpe Barn. We selected the venue largely because of the financial support it offers to Northorpe Hall Trust, and also because we’d first seen how beautiful the barn was at a gig back in 2017.
We’re extremely pleased we selected Northorpe Barn as we feel our day couldn’t have gone any better, thanks to Caroline, Sam, and all the staff who helped the day go so smoothly. In the run up to our wedding, both Sam and Caroline were happy to answer any questions we had, and our meetings with them always made us feel reassured that everything was in hand. We were right. They handled everything from start to finish brilliantly. Leaving us to enjoy the day with family and friends.
The Prep and Party prior to our wedding day was really useful, as it gave us the opportunity to set up the venue as we wanted. The lunch provided was also very tasty!
The food for our wedding day was also first rate. We selected the hog roast and an evening buffet, and both meals were delicious. There was no issue catering for everyone’s dietary requirements and guests were also happy with a very well stocked bar!
It was lovely to hear our guests on the day, and after, tell us how beautiful the venue was and how friendly the staff were. There’s definitely a warm and welcoming atmosphere at Northorpe Barn that I don’t think you’d find in other venues.
We couldn’t recommend Northorpe Barn more highly. Thank you Sam and Caroline for helping to make our day so very special.
"Romantic and warm..."
"We got married at Northorpe Barn in July 2021 and we had the most amazing day! The venue itself is stunning, bright, romantic and warm, and we were able to dress the venue for the day exactly as we wanted... Caroline and the team are fantastic, always available, super friendly, personable and was thankfully able to offer advice and suggestions. They make the process feel so easy and has every tiny detail under control. The team were seamless on the day and made sure everything ran smoothly. The food was delicious and the drinks were constantly flowing. We couldn’t have had a better day or picked a more perfect venue, and we’re so thankful we chose Northorpe Hall! Thank you from the bottom of our hearts x x x"
“We got married at The Northorpe barn in July 2021 and everything was just amazing from start to finish! Lisa & Caroline were absolutely brilliant and answered all of our silly and annoying questions! They were also there on the day, along with the rest of the fabulous team, and it couldn’t have gone more perfectly! The food was also gorgeous, the pie and peas in the evening went down an absolute treat! Thank you so much to Lisa & Caroline and the rest of the Northorpe Hall team for an unforgettable day!”
“Would just like to say a huge thank you to The Northorpe Barn for hosting our wedding in August 2021... Caroline and all the staff were fantastic and made our day go smoothly.
The barn was amazing, the food fantastic and the staff very friendly and approachable. Everyone commented on what a wonderful day we had and how much of a lovely venue it was.
Would highly recommend having your wedding here!”