Amerjit has been providing counselling since 2014 and is bilingual; she speaks Punjabi and is able to provide counselling for clients whose first language is not English. Amerjit uses a person centred approach, integrative. Creative play and art. She can support adults and young people and works over short term and longer term and also on an open ended basis.
Amerjit has worked at:
- Gasped Wakefield - greater awareness and support for families encountering drugs (alcohol)
- Northorpe Hall Child and Family Trust.
Amerjit will work on short term solution focus based counselling and can provide long term counselling. She can work around issues of: Stress, Anxiety, Low self-esteem, self-harm, suicidal, bullying, low mood, depression, anger management, bereavement, sexual/emotional/physical abuse, domestic violence, eating disorders, relationship issues, issues around sexual and gender identity, separation, work related issues, illness, mental health.
Training specialist in
- ASSIST - suicide training
- SAMM murder/manslaughter
Sessions delivered for Trust Wellbeing on
Wednesday morning and Saturday afternoon
- BACP Proficiency 2016
- Level 4 Diploma in Therapeutic Counselling. 2015
- Level 3 certificate Counselling Skills 2012
- Level 2 award Counselling Concepts. 2011
- Institute of Linguists - bilingual certificate 1991
- Currently studying: Level 4 Diploma in Child and Adolescents.