English Arabic French German Hindi Italian Polish Portuguese Spanish Urdu


We understand that caring and supporting a child or young person with emotional or mental health difficulties is one of the most difficult things anyone does. 

To support young people effectively, many adults in a caring role will need some support themselves, to learn and reflect, to relax and recharge and to keep a balance between providing consistent and reliable love and care while making changes which help their children be safe and get back to health.  As a professional working with young people, you should have regular supervision and support from your employer. 

You may also be supporting other professionals or parents and carers who are helping young people with mental and emotional health difficulties.

Our useful links page has some information and online resources you may find helpful, to understand common mental and emotional health experiences.

The first step to getting help for a young person is to call the Thriving Kirklees Single Point of Contact phone number to explain your concerns and request support.

Through our ChEWS (Children’s Emotional Wellbeing Service) funding we are able to offer some free information sessions to parents and professionals who are supporting the emotional health of children and young people in Kirklees. For more information and to see a list of dates available please visit the training page.